Mobile Services for At-Home Veterinary Care
There are many occasions where traveling with your pet to the hospital is difficult or practically impossible. We have clients who have a large number of pets, very large pets, pets who strongly dislike traveling and pets that are quite feeble and old. For them and their owners we created a housecall service.
Mobile services include:
- Wellness Care for cats, dogs, and exotics, including vaccinations with an emphasis on preventative medicine
- Complete diagnostic testing – blood work, urinalysis, cytology, cultures
- Heartworm testing and prevention
- Blood tests and vaccine titers
- Feline leukemia and FIV testing
- “Home Again” microchip identification
- Dispensary for medicines and prescription diets
- Flea and tick preventatives
- Compassionate at home euthanasia
We charge an $80 travel fee for visits within an approximate 5 mile radius. Areas that we generally serve include Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Santa Luz, Rancho Penasquitos, and Carmel Valley. Beyond these, there are time and resource issues that make traveling very cost prohibitive, but not necessarily impossible. Aside from the travel fee, all of our other fees are standard for housecall appointments.
For new clients who live outside these areas, a good resource to consider when looking for a housecall veterinarian is the San Diego County Veterinary Medical Association. They have an excellent referral line.
If you would like to arrange for a housecall visit, please give us a call at (858) 759-8797.